Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mediterranean Spinach Salad With Sauteed Shrimp!

After indulging in heavy pasta for lunch, I figured I'd cook up something nice and light for dinner, but not scrimp on flavor. Thus, to not scrimp, I chose shrimp! I'm not a fan of taking the casing off of shrimp, so I always cheat and buy precooked de-cased shrimp. However, shrimp is shrimp and they are still quite tasty. After dethawing the shrimp, I put them on a non-stick skillet on high and sauteed them in olive oil. I made sure to almost burn the shrimp, so that the olive oil coated the outside of the prawns and made them crunchy, so that have an almost grilled flavor. No seasonings, no nothing, just olive oiled shrimp.

After the shrimp were done, I decided to spruce up my salad a bit by draining a can of white cannellini beans for added protein and texture. Then I sprinkled some feta cheese on the salad, as well as put a fresh olive medly on it, finishing it with the cooked shrimp and a glazing of balsamic vinegrette! bon appetit! Couldn't be any easier, and couldn't look any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment