Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fresh Papardelle Pasta with Marinara Sauce and Grated Cheese!

I always do the boxed pastas, but after having tasted the amazingness of fresh homemade pasta at various nyc restaurants, I decided to try my hand at making my own papardelle, or Italian egg pasta. The recipe for fresh pasta is simple, uses about 5 large eggs, and 2 1/3 cups of flour per batch, yes that's all! After mixing the dough together, spread it out on a lightly floured baking sheet and knead the ball into a wide circle. Then, roll the circle into a cylinder and cut small disks across the width of the cylinder.

After the disks are set out, boil a pot of water, and drop the disks in, unraveling them before you place them into the water, so that they form pasta strips. Since the pasta is fresh, it should only take 3 minutes max to cook, and voila you have yourself fresh pasta to impress your friends with that are only used to barilla! hahahahah. Enjoy! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment